Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Blind Assassin Margaret Atwood

So to be honest I didn't finish this book. I had if for 5 weeks and didn't even get half way done and I decided to not waste my time and move on. I might try it again some other day but not now. This book was really hard to follow it jumps through time and is a book within a book. Just as you get drawn into one story it ends and the other starts and you get drawn into in to have it change back. While an intriguing idea I had a hard time getting interested in either story because you would need to remember what was happening last time you read about this character. It also reads like a personal narrative with not a lot of rise in a plot it sits stagnate at the bottoms. If you happen to be a fan of Atwood then by all means read it but I would suggest spending your time reading instead of convincing yourself you need to keep reading like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment